Viral ticketing on Meraevents
Promoting an event, and selling more tickets is something that every organizer wants to do for their events. However, this might result in inflated marketing costs. The concept of Viral Ticketing can come into play in such a situation.
People who buy tickets from MeraEvents.com will be able to share a unique link of the event with their friends via email and/or social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.. This enables, one sharing of the link/code with their friends to get concession on the ticket, and the same can go on as a chain virally.
For the event organizer, the benefits include reduced cost and lower investment in the traditional forms of marketing and advertising.
Follow this guide to use viral ticketing for your next event.
Figure 1 Home Page to Create Event:
Visit MeraEvents.Com and Click on the Create Event Option on the Top Right Hand Side of the Page.
Figure 2 Login or Signup Page:
On the login Page enter your Login ID if you already have a Login ID or sign up for a MeraEvents account.
Figure 3 Create Event:
Click on the ‘Create Event’ option in the top right corner to create your event.
Figure 4 Event Information:
- Fill in the event information and also provide information about the venue and ticket.
- Click Save and Exit to publish the event and reach the Organizer Dashboard.
Figure 5 Manage Event Information:
Click on the Manage button to make changes to the event and add the Viral Ticketing Option.
Figure 6 Viral Ticketing:
Click on the Viral Ticketing option to enable Viral Ticketing for your Event.
Figure 7 Activate Viral Ticketing With Commission Type:
Enable Viral ticketing for each category of the tickets.
- Select the commission type for the referral points in terms of amount/percentage.
- Select the discount to be offered for friends on the purchase of tickets from the unique URL.
- Choose the referral commission value on tickets booked by friends using the unique URL.
- Click save and exit.
You have now successfully updated the viral ticketing option for your event. Read on to see how viral ticketing would work when someone books a ticket for your event.
Figure 8 Viral Ticket Unique URL Page:
When a ticket is booked, the person will see the above screen. This will provide him/her with a unique URL to be shared with their friends via email and/or social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
Figure 9 Email of Viral Ticketing Unique URL:
The person will also get an email with the unique URL to share with their friends via email and/or social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
Figure 10 Organizer View of Tickets Sold:
The event organizer can check the number of tickets sold through viral ticketing by visiting the organizer dashboard.
Figure 11 Detailed Report of the tickets sold through Viral Ticketing:
A detailed report of the tickets booked through referral booking is visible along with the referral discount obtained on the ticket price.
Read on to know how viral ticketing will work from a delegate’s perspective:
12. On booking a ticket for which viral ticketing has been enabled, the above screen will appear showing their unique URL, which can be shared with friends via email and/or social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. An Email with the same information will also be sent to the registered email ID.
13. Every time a friend buys a ticket using the shared unique URL, the referral will receive the following email.
14. The referral can check the referral points or bonus received on consecutive bookings by friends, by clicking on the My Account option on the top right of the page.
15. A detailed report of the redeemed points is available on the attendee dashboard.