Corporate Badminton League 2014 to take place from December 12 to 14, 2014 at Pullela Gopichand Academy:
Cyient, a leading IT company, will be presenting Corporate Badminton League (CBL) 2014 in association with Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy. The Corporate Badminton League (CBL) is one of the most popular national inter-corporate badminton tournaments in India. The CBL 2014 is being organized under the guidance of ace badminton player Pullela Gopichand. The second edition of CBL is back to enthral the badminton-lovers, after the grand success of the maiden CBL organized in 2013.
Corporate Badminton League 2014 would take place from December 12 to 14, 2014 from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm at Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy, Hyderabad. The three-day tournament would be hosted in multiple categories like Men’s – Singles, Women’s – Singles, Men’s – Doubles, Women’s Doubles and Mixed Doubles.
In the maiden edition of the CBL that was conducted in 2013, more than 550 entries were received from over 68 corporates including Wipro Technologies, Infosys, Sonata Software, Bank of America, Amazon, Invesco, BHEL, ONGC, IBM, Unisys, DRDL, CRPF, Accenture, Mindtree, Capgemini, Saxon Global Yinsol, TCS,etc. This year there is a likelihood of an increased participation with more organizations joining the league.
The tournament is open to all non-seeded individuals who are working full-time in corporates across India.
Rules and Regulations:
1. The tournament is open to all non-seeded individuals working in corporates across India.
2. Participants must be full-time employees of the organization they are representing.
3. All the players are required to carry the official identity cards and produce before the beginning of all tournaments on demand.
4. All participants must be of reasonable health & fitness to participate.
5. On the field, decision of the judges/organizers /referees /umpires would be final.
6. The tournament comprises of the following categories
Categories for Participation:
Singles: Men’s and Women’s
Doubles: Men’s , Women’s and Mixed
7. All matches will be played at PGBA Indoor facility at Hyderabad.
8. The tournament is of Knock-out Format. Point System: 21 Points – Best of 3 Sets. (Singles & Doubles).
9. All safety gears and playing equipment’s have to be brought by the participants (i.e. Badminton Racquets, etc.). The organizers would be providing the consumables only.
10. Yonex Feather/Plastic Shuttlecocks will be used for the tournament.
11. Players are requested to be in proper sports attire. Shoes allowed at PGBA for the tournament are either Non Marking-Gum Sole Shoes or Canvas Shoes.
12. First aid will be provided in case of injury and a Physiotherapist will be available throughout the tournament.
13. All standard Badminton rules apply.
14. All participants are requested to maintain discipline and to avoid any kind of arguments with any other participant.
15. The organizers reserve the right to reject any application if found biased.
16. The detailed schedule will be available on www.meraevents.com from December 12, 2014 onwards. Participants need to be present at least 30 minutes prior to the designated start time.
17. Registrations once done cannot be cancelled under any circumstances.
-> Pullela Gopichand Trophy
-> Attractive Cash Prizes and Gifts
Being part of events like Corporate Badminton League 2014 would be an ideal opportunity for the participants to showcase their sporting skills and represent the organization they are working for. Not just that, this would also be an amazing platform to interact with peers from across various organizations and compete with the sporting spirit.
Organizations would be able to create a strong bond among its employees with the engagement that takes place on ground during the practise for such events. There is also an immense possibility for the positive energy and sporting spirit of the employees to be reflected in their everyday work as well. So, hurry and register your team now.